With the real estate industry being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, solving Extension of Time (EOT) and Liquidated Damages (LD) issues has become paramount for Developer and Main Contractor after the easing of the COVID-19 restrictions.
This course is going to concentrate on how the EOT and LD issues will be resolved between Developer and Main Contractor. The traditional method to resolve EOT and LD issues after the pandemic and current useful methods to resolve the EOT and LD issues will also be discussed, since the lifting of the COVID-19 restrictions.
Real live case studies will be showcased during the course as well, followed by a Q&A session. The course will also discuss case studies and legal implications.
Who Should Attend
- Real Estate Developers;
- Main Contractors;
- Project Managers and;
- Stakeholders involved in any Construction Projects
- Participants will be taught the necessary skills and technique, on resolving EOT and LD quickly and effectively
- Practical exercises and guidelines on how these issues can be resolved
- How EOT and LD issues have arisen the between developer and main contractor during the COVID-19 period?
- How EOT and LD dispute is generally settled, and resolved developer and main contractor
- The traditional method of resolving EOT and LD issues
- Implications of the COMTA 8C for developers, and main contractors
- Discussion in brief about the dispute resolution provided under the Act
- Case studies and discussions
- Question and answers